If you think that coming to Palm Springs for a winter vacation is only about laying out by the pool, well think again. There is so much more to do which is why this area has been a vacation get-away since the 1930’s when it was discovered by the Hollywood set. And there’s so much more than world class golf and tennis too.
So what is there to do for fun?
- Take A Hike: we have over 140 hiking trails in the area and they are 97% free. The book “140 Great Hikes in and Near Palm Springs” is a book any Palm Springs resident or visitor should have on their coffee table. It contains all the information you will need to plan a great hike suited for any hiking level. Also, check out this article in Palm Springs Life.
- Ride A Bike- the desert area is flush with biking trails for on road and off-road biking. Another great book, “Cycling The Palm Springs Region” will give you a host of information about this great resource. And Palm Springs is only one of the desert cities that has made biking a priority in its General Plan and is working with the Coachella Vally Non-Motorized Commission to and to and improve the biking trails and paths in the city.
- Tour the windmills yes you can take a Windmill tour and learn a lot about these machines and see up close just how big they really are.
- See A Fault- The San Andreas Fault runs through the region and there are tours available that are adventures in nature. While following this natural wonder, you will also see many of the wonderful things the desert has to offer with all its beauty.
- The Whitewater Trout Preserve is a great ride in a car or it’s a superb bike ride. From Palm Springs, it’s about 18 miles to the top. For bikers, it’s a 4.5 mile steady climb and is good for bikers who are in shape as the climb goes from 450 ft in Palm Springs to 2300 feet at the top. Once there, you can take a walk, see the facilities, or have a picnic.
- Go to see The Fabulous Palm Springs Follies. This year, they are really putting on a show as they always do, always new, and the music is now from the 70’s back to the golden days of the 40’s and 50’s. This is their 21st year and after 4000 shows, they sure do know what they’re doing!
- Shop Palm Canyon Drive- its cozy and varied and so interesting. From the custom jewelry at Michael Weims to the joys of Crystal Fantasy its one helluva place to take a walk. From the Downtown Shops and Restaurants to the Uptown Design, Arts and Restaurant District, you will find something of interest for everyone in your party.
- Thursday Night Village Fest and Museum Tours- ALL FREE. Village Fest has been going on for many years with its unique vendors, organic foods and flavorful food court all to bring a smile to your face. And the Palm Springs Museum is open free from 4-8 PM for you to tour and take in some very fine exhibits.
- Do I HAVE To Go Up The Palm Springs Aerial Tram? YES! The best thing you can do if you have never taken the ride. The ride up to the 8700 foot peak is absolutely breathtaking and once at the top of the Tram, there’s dining, spectacular viewing of the entire valley and great hiking.
- Do Nothing- yes, if you lay by the pool or the Jacuzzi, its a great place to relax as the mountains around you bring peace and serenity.
So there you have it! Having fun in this winter paradise is why Palm Springs endures as a prime choice for a winter vacation.
Want more information about the Desert Cities ?
Buying or Selling Palm Springs Real Estate?
Buyers: Are you searching for your primary residence? We have a variety of Palm Springs homes for sale and have what it takes to get you settled in the neighborhood of your choice.
Selling your home? Your home selling experience will be one that is easy, friendly and professional. Our mission is to offer outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and Internet technology available. We are totally connected to the Internet and will market your home on every venue available! Results is what you expect and results is what you will get.
If you are planning to buy Palm Springs investment property, or property in the surrounding area, we have the staff partners who will help with any project or property management tasks while you are away. We have helped with the small properties all the way up to the multi-million dollar projects.
We’re not here just to sell you a home. We’re here to help you find the dream home you’ll love then make it yours!
For more information on how we can best serve your Palm Springs Real Estate and surrounding area needs, please fill out the online contact form or give us a call at 760-413-2871.