Play a game and name all the Free Things To Do In Palm Springs, CA
Well if you do, it’s going to take a while because there are lots. Lots and lots. And this post will only scratch the surface of what we have available.
So the 7 best Free Things To Do In Palm Springs, CA is most likely a mater of one’s own opinion based on one’s likes and dislikes. OK, so this will be my list of favorites that I hope gives you some ideas for the kind of fun you can have when you live or visit here.
So with that in mind….. here we go with my 7 favorites!
- Biking and Hiking– we have this covered with lots of great hiking trails, off-road biking trails, street biking and much more. Tour the famous neighborhoods on your bike. Hike up to vistas that are unbelievably gorgeous. Or ride the open streets for a short trek around the city or a century ride around the Coachella Valley. You can find more information about Palm Springs hiking trails here.
- Village Fest– Every Thursday like clockwork, Palm Canyon Boulevard shuts down and within no time, Village Fest appears. Crafts, art, fun stuff, food and music all pulled together for a festive night of pure fun. You can find more details about Palm Springs’ Thursday night Village Fest and other desert shopping areas here. And remember on Thursday from 4 until 8 the Palm Springs Art Museum is open and its FREE! See some the of finest works anywhere from all around and from our local artists too. For more Palm Springs Art Museum information, click here.
- Tennis anyone? We have it available right in our public parks as well as many homeowner associations will offer tennis courts as part of their amenities. Try your serve at Ruth Hardy Park, Demuth Park, and Palm Springs HIgh School. More info can be found here.
- Palm Canyon Drive– Uptown and Downtown. The shopping is stellar and fun. We have custom jewelry shops, art galleries, restaurants galore, cards and gift shops, clothing, sandals and shoes, Mid-Century Modern furnishings and much more. And Free Parking everywhere!
- Forever Marilyn– come down and see the 27 foot, 33,000 pound statue called Forever Marilyn. Crafted by Seward Johnson, she’s a major attraction in the center of town and is here in all her glory until June 2013.
- Stars and more stars. Depending on how you define stars, you can either stargaze at night and see a beautiful display of what the Universe has to offer or take a one of the self-guided movie star tours around and see why Palm Springs was playground to the Hollywood set in the 40’s and 50’s and learn about who comes to town in the modern-day.
- Self Guided Celebrity and Architectural Tours – Palm Springs has more celebrity homes than one can imagine. So why not take a simple self-guided tour! The Palm Springs Visitor’s Center is a great resource for maps to the stars homes. See why Las Palmas, Historic Tennis Club, and The Movie Colony are must see neighborhoods. Find a self guided tour map here
Don’t forget Palm Springs has a great network of public parks. Even a skate park for the kids.
See more info on Palm Springs Parks
And check out our Facebook page: 52 Weeks Of Things To Do In Palm Springs.
We’re always posting happening events there.